I hate him!, my brain screamed. How could I have been so stupid to think that this NHL superstar had any interest in me outside of sex?
***
Sidney's POV
I unclenched my jaw as I pounded down the pavement, sprinting back to our villa before the rest of the guys returned.
How did they do it?, I wondered, thinking back to the countless number of women my friends managed in a night. I thought maybe it was liquid courage and outdrank them all tonight, but that clearly backfired when I couldn't even remember the girl's damn name. Mind you, I had never thought in a million years I'd be quizzed in the middle of sex.
I had told the guys about the beautiful brunette I had met on the way to lunch, and Max immediately started calling her "Yasmine", in reference to his favourite Baywatch babe. The name stuck, and I guess it must have slipped out when I was with her and really set her off. It was a shame, too: the brunette had been perfect. Not only was she hot, but she had no clue who I was, and likely never would. I thought she might have been Canadian - she had thrown in an "eh?" when we had spoken earlier - but I would have been recognizable to anyone from the Great White North by now.
The boys had had a good laugh at my expense, calling me "soft" and bet that I wouldn't be able to "hit it and quit it" with her, as they so lovingly referred to one-night stands. I was determined to shut them up and prove it on this vacation. During the regular season, the guys always gave me a hard time for not taking advantage of the bevy of women that threw themselves at us, but the truth was, I just wasn't the type to kiss-and-tell. I'd had my fair share of women - sometimes it was as innocent as a coffee date, other times it was incredible head and a good fuck - but I kept those rendezvous off the radar. It was hard enough finding a sane, attractive woman not looking to get her 15 seconds of fame through me; I didn't need a woman with a vendetta against me if she knew she wasn't the only one I was sleeping around with. The innocence I projected also attracted more classier women, and if the girl had a reputation to keep, she wasn't going to blab our story. Yup, I had my sex life down to a science.
I let myself into the palatial private villa we were calling home for the next week. I glanced at the grandfather clock in the foyer - 2:06am. I probably had 20 minutes to pack ice on my face before some of the guys showed up. I had to rummage through the freezer for ice cubes - most had been used for our pre-drink earlier - and quickly wrapped them in a dishtowel. I ran up to my room to check out the damage in the mirror. Red, but not bruised. Yet.
I couldn't believe I'd been slapped. I had never been hit - let alone turned down - by a girl in my whole adult life; who did this chick think she was? I felt bad for what I'd said to her - I had a lot of respect for women and didn't usually use such vulgar language against them - but it was the first word that came to mind after she humiliated me. Besides, she needed an ego-check. Like seriously, who likes to hear the sound of their own name that much that she had to stop having sex because I couldn't remember it? She was so vain...
Fuck. It was Vanessa.

I am loving this story so far. I love that Sidney is not so sqeuky clean and is a little devious. I am interested to see where this goes. "Fuck. It was Vanessa"- that line made me laugh, for whatever reason I thought that was hysterical.Great Update. Can't wait for more. : )
ReplyDelete- also, I just started a new story. It's called a fine mess. I would love for you to check it out. : )
Hmm Sidders, she's so vain because you can't remember her name? He comes across as ever so slightly arrogant in his POV, "I attract classier ladies" and "who does she think she is?" Pfft Sid, who do you think you are? I love badass Sid, but not arrogant Sid, but got to mix it up a bit. Also 'hit it and quit it' is exactly what she did to him here. Makes a change from hearing the old 'pump and dump' and 'f*ck and chuck'.
ReplyDeleteFantastic though :)
Haha, I chose the word "vain" to remind him her name was Vanessa...couldn't think of a better one when I wrote it.
ReplyDeleteAlso, a little bit of arrogance to go with his "playa" image? Working on the next update... maybe i'll change it up a bit just for you, India :).
And thanks to everyone else for your comments throughout this story - I really appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)
p.s. to everyone with a story out there that i'm loving - i'm having trouble adding your link to my blog and/or following your story through Google Connect... as soon as I figure it out, I promise I will support you in every way I can! For now, you'll just have to trust that I'm reading along and commenting as I go! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteSo I just stumbled upon this, and I LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteAh, the plot twist. Good to know that Sid is not the total jerk he appeared to be, but there seem to be lots of roadblocks on this road to romance.
ReplyDeleteI think this experience may have intrigued him. Somehow I think he might try to pursue her more...respectfully?
ReplyDeletei love how different your story is compared to all the fairy tail fan fics. keep it up!
ReplyDelete"Fuck, it was Vanessa"
that made me laugh soooo hard too!! :)
You neeeeed to update! :)
ReplyDeleteIs there an update soon? I miss this story! :(
ReplyDeleteI just found this story today and so far I'm loving it. Can't wait to see what happens with it!
ReplyDelete