Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chapter 10

Vanessa's POV

"Thanks for waiting," Heather said, as she and Daisy pulled out seats for themselves across the table.

"Sorry," I mumbled through a mouthful of guacamole. "I was starving."

It was almost thirty minutes after I'd showered and dressed that the next girl had woken up, so I'd decided I'd meet my friends downstairs. I finally breathed in the fresh air I had needed so badly last night and was laying by the pool when my stomach let out an embarrassing growl, letting me know it was time to refuel.

"We can see that," Daisy laughed, tossing me a napkin.

"Good night, last night?"

Heather shrugged. "As good as any."

"Where's Lara?"

"Right here," she sighed, dropping her beach bag on the floor. "God, I am tired!"

"I would be too, if I was knocking boots till six in the morning."

"With the old man?!" I asked, almost choking on my food.

"David," Lara corrected, narrowing her eyes at me. "And I was home before four. We didn't end up doing anything because he freaked out over some hockey player!" she grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest in a huff.

"You were discussing sports?" Heather asked, incredulously.

"No! There was some hockey player on the beach when we took our walk and -"

My stomach churned.

"- I thought Dave was gonna orgasm, the way he got all excited at the sight of the poor guy."

"Poor guy?"

"Well, it looked like he was having a rough night. Who else walks the beach at three in the morning, alone?"

"Well, who was this guy? What was his name?" Heather demanded.

Lara shrugged. "I dono, David got him to sign his shirt. Sandy Crosby or something?"

"SIDNEY CROSBY?!" Heather practically jumped out of her seat.

"Wait, yes... that sounds more like it. Is he, like, famous?"

Daisy's mouth gaped open as Heather continued to squeal. I was quietly relieved, having heard that Sidney was by himself and not out fucking Yasmine or whatever the hell he had called me.

"Famous and gorgeous!" I thought Heather was going to pass out from all the excitement.

"Is he? I couldn't really tell in the dark, all I could see was that huge nos-"

"It is not big!" Daisy hissed, finally coming to. "It suits his face just fine."

"Well if I had known you girls were going to get your panties in a knot over this guy I would've accepted the invitation -"

"What invitation?" I interrupted.

"Geez, can a girl get a sentence out over here?!"

"Sorry."

"What I was about to say, was that Cindy -"

"SIDNEY!!!" we yelled in unison.

"-Sidney is staying at the Villas too, and there's some party for the guests there tonight that Dave invited us to -"

"And you said no?!" Heather looked as if someone had told her the truth about Santa Claus.

"Well, yes... how was I supposed to know you guys wanted to hang out with - what was it you called him?" Lara asked, turning her head to face me. "The 'old man'?"

I blushed. "I...I didn't mean it. I was just - "

"Ya, ya, cut the crap... I'll find Dave and tell him I've had a change of heart," Lara said, rolling her eyes with a smile.

"THANK YOU!!!" Heather and Daisy nearly knocked over the silverware as they came around the table to embrace Lara in a bear hug.

"Vanessa, isn't this amazing?!" Daisy gushed, reaching over to pull me into the squeeze.

I responded with a weak smile. My breakfast was on the rise.

****

The girls and I spent the rest of the day prepping for the party. Even though I was dreading it, I had to look my absolute best: manicures, pedicures, and tanning were in order. We even hit the gym for a bit; suddenly, the 'liquid diet' we'd been on for the past two days didn't seem like such a great idea.

"What do you think he'll be like?" Daisy asked dreamily, tossing me a towel.

I covered my face, pretending to wipe my forehead. "No idea."

Truth was, I didn't know. The Sidney I met yesterday morning versus the Sidney from last night were two entirely different people. Who knew if Jekyll or Hyde was coming out tonight?

"He's fucking sex on skates," Heather drooled. "I can't wait to meet him! Oh, and I call dibs on him first."

"He's all yours. I don't do children," Lara said, making a face.

"And you can count us out," Daisy said matter-of-factly, motioning between me and her.

Speak for yourself, I wanted to say, but kept my mouth shut.

"Great!" Heather grinned. "I wasn't too keen on the idea of a five-some anyway."


***

Sidney's POV

10pm. I was anxious for this party to start. Yesterday was evidence that I couldn't keep up with the guys and I was already on my second beer. My charm apparently faded after the 4th.

"Stop sipping like a pussy and down that shit," Jordan said, tipping my bottle up so that the beer dribbled down my chin.

"Fuck off, Staalsy," I said, swatting his hand away. "You just ruined my fucking shirt."

"Relax, I brought a whole shit load. Check my suitcase," Max laughed, cracking open another can for himself.

"INNNNCOMIIIING!" someone bellowed from outside, as a large group of women arrived and the DJ fired up the sound system.

"Damn, I think I just found my baby mama," Max breathed, pressing himself up against the window with his tongue hanging out.

"You're a dirty perv, you know that?" Tyler laughed, before turning to me. "You changing or what?"

I nodded, running up the stairs two steps at a time. Max may be a dog, but he had the right idea. It had been two days too long since I'd been laid. Tonight, things were going to change.

3 comments: